A Happy, Healthy Way to Warm Up This Winter
The sky is grey. The ground is hard. A faint whisper of flurries has started sprinkling down upon your head just before you enter your home after a long day. You’re pretty tired and VERY cold! You need to warm up FAST, and there is only one surefire way to do it… hop in the bath!
How do you keep your body warm naturally?
The quickest way to keep yourself warm is NOT by cranking up the thermostat (however that WILL crank up your energy bill). Rather, the key to swiftly beating the brrrs is to warm yourself up first – so bring on bath time! Even though some people may think that taking a bath is something more suited for kids and babies, please hear me out! The art of soaking in a tub has been upgraded for adults to indulge within the warmth. How exactly has it been upgraded? Keep reading…
How can I make my bath more comfortable?
Upgrading your bathing experience starts and ends with enhancing your tub. Just because we can’t all afford fancy jacuzzies doesn’t mean we can’t turn our tubs into vessels of spa-like luxury. That’s the beauty of luxury bath pillows! For a truly relaxing soak, you’re going to want to lean back and rest your head. Ever try doing that on a bare bath tub? I don’t recommend it. However, with the simple addition of a plush, waterproof bath tub pillow, your bath can feel like your bed!
These quilted, cushiony miracles are designed to comfortably support your head, neck, and shoulders while you’re warming up under a blanket of bubbles. Speaking of bubbles, I also recommend dropping your favorite bath bomb into the water for a burst of soothing effervescence. If you would like to learn more about ways to pamper yourself with an at-home spa click here.
What are the benefits of hot baths?
In addition to quickly warming yourself up, there are a number of scientifically proven benefits to taking a heated bath.
- Good for Your Heart: Soaking within the warm water causes your blood vessels to dilate, attempting to cool off your body. This causes blood to get diverted towards your skin, away from your body’s inner core. In order to counteract this drop in blood pressure, your heart rate increases and gets a healthful workout.
- Builds Stronger Lungs: Submerging yourself in warm water past your chest with your head out actually can have a positive effect on your lung capacity and oxygen intake. The warmth of the water causes your heart to beat faster, which can improve your breathing capacity. Plus, the steam created can clear your sinuses and chest.
- Builds Immunity: A warm bath causes your blood to flow much easier and become more oxygenated. The heated water also works to kill bacteria and improve your immunity, which helps relieve cold and flu symptoms.
- Stress Reducer: A good, hearty soak can calm your nervous system as well as reduce pain and inflammation, which can lead to lower levels of stress and anxiety in the body.
Benefits of Using a Bath Pillow
Now that we’ve covered the health advantages a warm bath can bring about, let’s circle back to the comforting conveniences brought on by using a bath pillow! Beyond turning your tub into a soothing spa, a bath pillow can also deliver the following:
- Better Posture: Sitting in a bathtub the wrong way could cause increased tension in your body and lead to bad posture. The ergonomic design of your bath pillow helps reduce the risk of pain by conforming to your head, neck, and shoulders.
- Sleep Health: A warm bath before bedtime can significantly improve your overall sleep efficiency and a bath pillow will only expedite your body’s efforts to fully unwind and fall asleep faster.
- Less Stress: It seems that reducing stress is a very popular option with warm baths today! In addition to the actual bath melting away stress, a plush bath pillow does so as well in its own way! Feel relieved from the daily strain by pressing your sore muscles against the gentle cushioning.
Warmest Regards to You
Now that you’re well educated in the ways of a warm bath, a winter’s chill won’t stand a chance. Just be sure to keep the following reminders in the back of your mind the next time you need to warm up fast:
- Taking a bath is a faster and more cost effective way to warm up as opposed to cranking up your thermostat.
- Invest in a bath pillow to keep your body safely cushioned and fully relaxed.
- Soaking in a warm bath is very beneficial for your heart, lungs, blood, and overall health.
Contributing Writer: Michael Catalano